2009-10-24

How to begin....


It's tough to post on here again when I look at the date of my last post it was the day before my life would be forever changed. Feburary 17 was an ordinary day in my life then as the afternoon of the 18th was coming to an end my whole world seemed to stop. It was about 4:30 pm and my Dad called to say he was in the hospital, I actually thought he was joking but unfortunately he wasn't. It is so hard to put any of this into words. So just over 8 months ago I received his phone call and 6 months ago this past week he passed away with us by his side at the tender age of 59. This was a man so full of life, laughter and love that it is still unbelievable to me that he is gone. 2 months of absolute frustration, sadness and disbelief was no way to end his 59 years. I wish you all could have known him and those of you who did know him I hope you knew him like I did. It is so very hard to know that I can't pick up the phone and call my Dad or I won't get a card with his name signed on it on my birthday, when I hear a jet fly over I think of my Dad, there are so many reminders every day that he is no longer here on this earth but I still talk to him everyday, I know he wished me a Happy Birthday and with every jet that flies over I believe he is on the wing watching out for all of us. The world was a better place with him in it, I only hope that God has greater plans for him. I miss you always Dad.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tara, I just read this now, and wish I was close to you so I could hug you and make you a cup of tea. I know all too well how you feel....how overwhelming the feeling of loss and sadness is, and how, as you said, your life is changed forever when something like this happens. The only thing I can say (because frankly, I don't know if the pain lessens over time), is that it is nice to have friends that you can turn to, that you can lean on, and that you can talk to. If you ever need an ear or a shoulder, you know where I am.

Hugs and love sweetie!!
xxxx
Patti